Thursday, November 2, 2023

284. All We Need Is Love and a Really Soft Pillow


All We Need Is Love and a Really Soft Pillow! Peter H. Reynolds and Henry Rocket Reynolds. 2023. [October 3] 48 pages. [Source: Library] [Picture book]

First sentence:  Poppy, need anything? Little One, I've got you! We've got LOVE! Love is all we need! Yes, Love and a really soft pillow.

Premise/plot: Poppy and Little One star in the newest book by Reynolds and his son. Is it timeless? Perhaps. Probably. In this one, the two elaborate on all they really need in life....and life does throw some curve balls their direction.

My thoughts: I liked this one. It is hard to separate the text from the illustrations. I didn't personally love, love, love the illustrations. I didn't. They were meh to me--again this is all subjective. The text worked for me. I thought it was a good story. I enjoyed the characters. 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: