Thursday, January 24, 2019

Santa Bruce

Santa Bruce. Ryan T. Higgins. 2018. Disney-Hyperion. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Bruce was a bear who did not like the holidays. He used to stay in bed all winter long and skip right through the whole business. But his family wanted to enjoy a cozy, snow-filled Christmas together. So Bruce was awake.

Premise/plot: Who is surprised that Bruce does not like Christmas? Anyone?! My favorite grumpy bear is back in Santa Bruce. It's another case of MISTAKEN IDENTITY. It all starts when Bruce starts wearing long underwear and a warm hat. Chaos follows.

My thoughts: I love, love, love these characters. Reading a story with Bruce in it just makes my day. This is the fifth book in the series. Unfortunately, my library does not have Hotel Bruce. (I have requested that they order it. We'll see.) I love the writing, the story, the characters, the illustrations. This series is a must if you like giggles.

Original audience born circa 2012 to 2015.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: