Thursday, January 3, 2019

Express Train to Trouble

Express Train to Trouble (Miss Mallard Mystery) Robert M. Quackenbush. 1981/2018. 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: At breakfast on the luxurious Nile Express, chaos broke out in the dining car. The world-famous ducktective, Miss Mallard, could not believe her eyes.

Premise/plot: When one of the train's passengers goes missing it is up to Miss Mallard to solve the mystery and find him in time. The passenger who disappears is a prankster who has given all the others ample reasons not to like him. But who has motive enough to want him gone?

My thoughts: I enjoyed the Miss Mallard mystery that I reviewed yesterday. I did. It was fun. It was enjoyable. But I enjoyed this one more. Perhaps because of the setting--a train in Egypt. Perhaps because it wasn't quite as silly.

I wish my library had more than just the two books. I would read them one and all if I could track them all down. 

Original audience born circa 1974 to 1976.

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: