Friday, September 21, 2018

Board book: Will Ladybug Hug?

Will Ladybug Hug? Hilary Leung. 2018. [October 30, 2018] Scholastic. 38 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Ladybug loves hugs! She hugs to say hello. She hugs to say good-bye...but will her friends let Ladybug hug?

Premise/plot: Ladybug loves to hug. But not all of her friends like to hug. Some friends would much prefer to high five than to hug. As Ladybug greets each of her friends, the narrator asks, "Will ... let Ladybug hug?" Each of her friends has a special way to hug.

My thoughts: I like this one. I recognized some of the characters because I've also read Will Bear Share? and Will Sheep Sleep? Because I already love these characters, I found this one charming and cute. I like that Sheep does not do hugs. I like that instead Ladybug gives six high-fives.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: