Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mercy Watson Princess in Disguise


Mercy Watson Princess in Disguise. Kate DiCamillo. 2007. Illustrated by Chris Van Dusen. 73 pages.

Mr. Watson and Mrs. Watson have a pig named Mercy. Mr. Watson, Mrs. Watson, and Mercy live together in a house at 54 Deckawoo Drive. One October afternoon, in the living room of the house on Deckawoo Drive, Mrs. Watson had an idea.

It's Halloween. And the Watsons are celebrating. Mercy just has to go trick or treating, you know! What should her costume be? I bet you can guess just from the title alone! I bet you can also guess that things won't quite go according to plan. (They never seem to when Mercy is around!) Yes, trouble is to be found once again on Deckawoo Drive. Good thing, these three have become chummy with the police and firemen!

I like this series because it's funny. It's funny in a strange way at times.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit here, but I will be back soon, because I really like the way you are writing, it is so simple and honest