Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Love My Little Storybook


I Love My Little Storybook. By Anita Jeram. 2010. February 2010. Candlewick Press. 32 pages.
I love my little storybook.
I love the way it looks.
I love the way it feels.

I love the places
I can go to in my
storybook.
This little bunny just loves to read. So is it any wonder that he (or she) love, love, loves his (or her) storybook?!

This one is cute and charming. If you pay special attention to the illustrations, you'll realize quite a lot is happening! Do you notice the bunnies with fairy wings?! How about the tiny elephant?! It may take a few readings to pick up on every little thing! But that's what makes picture books so fun!


I think this one says quite a lot about the joys of reading and the joys of having a very active imagination! Both are things to be celebrated (and encouraged), in my opinion, so I am definitely happy to recommend this one.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: