Friday, March 5, 2010

My Friend Is Sad


My Friend is Sad. (An Elephant & Piggie Book) Mo Willems. 2007. Hyperion. 64 pages.

Ohhh...
My friend is sad.
I will make him happy!


One day Gerald, the elephant, is sad. It is up to his good friend, his best friend, Piggie, to cheer him up again. (Or is it?!) As Piggie tries...and tries...and tries...to make her friend happy, Gerald seems to get even sadder. What's wrong? Why aren't cowboys, clowns, and robots enough to make her friend happy again? Can Piggie find a solution that works? Can Gerald and Piggie be happy together again?

This Elephant and Piggie book explores emotions and friendship. I really liked this one. As I've come to like all the Elephant and Piggie books I've read so far. I definitely recommend this series by Mo Willems.


© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I LOVE this book, Becky!