Tuesday, September 17, 2024

123. D is for Dogs (Board book)

123. Board book: D is for Dogs. Greg Paprocki. 2024. 32 pages. [Source: Library] [5 stars]

First sentence: A is for athletic. B is for barking. C is for cuddly. D is for dogs. E is for eating. F is for fluffy. G is for good. H is for helpful. 

Premise/plot: This board book celebrates dogs a to z. 

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I would have loved it even more if it was cat-themed. However, this one is delightful enough. I think the illustrations are what makes this one work well. I loved how detail the illustrations are for each letter. Plenty to look at. One could definitely slow down the pace of this read aloud by asking more questions. One question, for example, you could ask for each page is how many dogs can you find in this picture? Or what are the dog(s) doing? I definitely recommend this one for dog lovers.

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: