Tuesday, September 19, 2023

252-253. Pizza My Heart


252. Norma and Belly #3: Pizza My Heart. Mika Song. 2022. 96 pages. [Source: Library] [Early chapter book; graphic novel]

First sentence:  So, Norma, what's for lunch? 
Well, our choices are: acorn soup, acorn bread, acorn pie, tacos, or acorn salad.
Tacos.
Acorn tacos.
Oh.

Premise/plot: This is the third book in this squirrel food graphic novel series for young readers. The first two books are Donut Feed the Squirrels and Apple of My Pie. Norma and Belly are two of many food-obsessed squirrels we meet in this series. In this one, misadventures [and adventures] center around PIZZA. Will the squirrels get to eat some pizza?

My thoughts: I like the series. Each book seems to center on a different food. All seem to be humorous misadventures. I am an overthinker--which I've mentioned before. I do wish these squirrels looked more like squirrels. But I enjoy their food-obsession and their silliness.


253. One Smart Cookie (Norma and Belly #4). 2023. [August] 112 pages. [Source: Library] [early chapter book; graphic novel]

First sentence: This is the spot, Belly.
This is where you buried the acorns, Norma?
Yes.

Premise/plot: This one stars a lot of squirrels: Norma, Belly, Little Bee, and Gramps. These are food-obsessed squirrels. In this one the squirrels are interested in fortune cookies and the fortune inside the fortune cookies. They want to write the fortunes inside! Will these squirrels be able to type up the messages? Will they get their hands on cookies?

My thoughts: This one may just be my favorite of the four I've read. Maybe. It was definitely silly and fun.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: