Thursday, September 14, 2023

251. Board book: Bunny Rabbit Show


The Bunny Rabbit Show! Sandra Boynton. 2014/2023. 24 pages. [Source: Library] [board book]

First sentence:  Ladies and Gentlemen.
Can you hear me?
Hello?
I just want to say...
It's THE BUNNY RABBIT SHOW!
Here we go!
We are ten terrific rabbits and we like to dance and sing.
Ten terrific rabbits. We can do most anything.
We're very good at hopping. We're hopping in a row.
We're not so good at stopping. It's the BUNNY RABBIT SHOW!

Premise/plot: It's the BUNNY RABBIT SHOW. And most of it is in song...written in near perfect rhyme with so much rhythm. It's just addictive. 

My thoughts: I personally was hearing "We are the Buddy Bears." This tune worked well for about 90% of the book. It wasn't a perfect fit, obviously. But it worked well. 

This book was cute, adorable, funny. I think it would make a great silly read aloud for little ones.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: