Tuesday, March 28, 2023

75. Henry, Like Always


Henry, Like Always (Henry #1) Jenn Bailey. Illustrated by Mika Song. 2023. [January] 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Henry always liked Classroom Ten. His friends were there. Gilly was there. And Mrs. Tanaka was there.

Premise/plot: Henry is starring in a new early chapter book series. He first appeared in A Friend for Henry, a picture book. Henry--who decidedly, definitely does NOT like change--is upset that 'share day' is being moved from Friday to Thursday to make way for a [loud, noisy, bothersome] parade. He does not like it one little bit. Parades ARE not regular. The book chronicles one school week--Monday through Friday.

My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, love, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one. I love and adore Henry. I absolutely do. Henry and I are like peas in a pod. I found this book to be a delight. I loved the narrative, the story, the characters. Everything was perfect. I want MORE, MORE, MORE. 

I have not read the picture book yet, but I will soon.

Quotes:

Tuesday was Art Day, just like always. Henry wore his orange shirt on Art Day.
“Why?” asked Katie.
“Because Art Day is messy,” said Henry. “And I do not like orange.”

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: