Monday, March 20, 2023

66. Vegetables in Pajamas


Board book: Vegetables in Pajamas. Jared Chapman. 2023. 22 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: 3...2...1...Bedtime!
And that means
Snuggly
Cozy
Comfy
Pajamas!

Premise/plot: These vegetables have starred in a handful of picture books and board books. This is the latest in the series. These vegetables are quite pleased to model their pajamas for young readers. The text is simple. The illustrations are silly.

My thoughts: This series has been hit or miss for me. I have enjoyed the silly quirkiness of some of the books. I have thought a few of the books more on the pointless side. (Though to laugh and giggle seems to be a united theme for most/all of the books in the series.) Also keep in mind that an adult woman is not the target audience for this series. 

I enjoyed this one.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: