Sunday, March 19, 2023

65. How Many Squirrels Are In the World?


How Many Squirrels Are in the World? Ben Gundersheimer (Mister G). 2023. [February] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: How many squirrels are in the world?
I'm looking high
I'm looking low
I'm counting squirrels
everywhere I go

Premise/plot: What you see is what you get. A little girl (and company) attempt to count how many squirrels are in the world. It's a daunting task, for sure, but a fun start to a counting book. This one counts to about twenty. The plot is minimal, but, what plot there is--is fun.

My thoughts: I like this one. I like it better after searching out the song that came before and 'inspired' this one. (You can find it on YouTube. Same name as the picture book).

I perhaps would have liked this one more if it had punctuation.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: