Thursday, October 20, 2022

170. Doggo and Pupper Save the World


Doggo and Pupper Save The World (Doggo and Pupper #2) Katherine Applegate. Illustrated by Charlie Alder. 2022. 96 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: In a sweet spot of sun, Doggo dozed. In a fine patch of dirt, Pupper dug. Life was good.

Premise/plot: Doggo and Pupper--a lovable duo--are back in their second book. Pupper wishes he could be a hero, but, fears that he's not hero-material. Together these two will end up being heroes to a baby bird. 

My thoughts: I LOVE these two dogs so much. The story is cute, adorable, sweet, playful, fun, and probably predictable. But when there's so much to love, do I mind a predictable book? Not at all. I hope these two star in many more books. If you have a young reader ready for early chapter books, this series is great. I love the illustrations and the text.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: