Thursday, October 6, 2022

160. Even Robots Can Be Thankful


Even Robots Can Be Thankful. Jan Thomas. 2022. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Wow! I'm thankful to have my cold, wet shoes off! And I'm really thankful I'm not rusting out in that storm anymore.

Premise/plot: Even Robots Can Be Thankful is the second book in Jan Thomas' new robot early reader series. There are three stories within this one: "Bump in the Night," "Sorting Bolts," and "The Train Trip." The two main characters are red robot and blue robot. 

My thoughts: It is enjoyably predictable and same-same. If you've read any early chapter book starring two characters in the past twenty years, then you've got some idea of what to expect. The humor is there--no doubt or question about that. It's just not particularly unique or original. I love, love, love, love, love Jan Thomas' series starring the farm animals. They are extremely funny and just a joy. 

 

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: