Wednesday, October 5, 2022

158. Ballet Bruce


Ballet Bruce (World of Reading, Level 1) Ryan T. Higgins. 2022. [July] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: The geese want to do ballet today. But they need help. Will Bruce help them do ballet? The geese use sad geese eyes. 

I've lost count of how many Bruce books there are in the world, but, you should go out and read them one and all. 

In this early reader, Bruce is helping the geese "do ballet." It is very, very, very, very time consuming. Mostly it involves a lot of back and forth and back and forth as he buys everything they need. (I think my favorite part was when the store was out of fancy dance pants but had prancing dance pants on sale.) 

Bruce in all his grumpy glory has a heart of gold. I love and adore him so, so, so, so much. In this one--like so many--he is very relatable. I think parents will surely be able to relate to Bruce's ordeal! I do think the book offers plenty of giggles to younger readers as well.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: