Tuesday, May 18, 2021

52. Wake Up, Crabby!


Wake Up, Crabby! Jonathan Fenske. (A Crabby Book #3) 2019. [November] 48 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Tonight is just another night at the beach.

Premise/plot: Wake Up, Crabby is the third book in the series. See also Hello, Crabby! and Let's Play, Crabby! You might also want to check out Plankton is Pushy. To keep it relatively concise, Plankton is always, always, always, always, always annoying Crabby. And, well, Crabby is always, always, always annoyed.

There are multiple stories per book. In this one, the stories are as follows:

  • The Dream
  • The Bath
  • The Song
  • The Story

The Song and The Story are about Plankton wanting a bedtime SONG and a bedtime STORY. But be careful what you ask for!

My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, love, love Jonathan Fenske. If he keeps writing books--books that make me happy and giddy--then I might just come to love him on the same level I love Mo Willems. Now Mo Willems retired his characters Elephant and Piggie. Jonathan Fenske is helping to fill that void.

I love his characters. I love his humor. I love that I know exactly what I'm getting when I pick up one of his books.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: