Tuesday, May 18, 2021

53. Moon Camp


Moon Camp. Barry Gott. 2021. [May] 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: I had my summer vacation all planned out: sleeping in, playing video games, and having a whole lot of fun. But then....

Premise/plot: Lucas is not thrilled that his parents have signed him up for camp ON THE MOON. But will his misadventure turn into the adventure of a lifetime?

My thoughts: I thought this was a nice take on the traditional summer camp story. All the universal elements are there--including homesickness--but the setting is definitely 'out of this world.' Overall I enjoyed it. I loved that Lucas was finally able to make a new friend and redeem the camp experience.

I enjoyed the illustrations and the text.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: