Monday, June 24, 2019

Let's Play, Crabby!

Let's Play, Crabby! (Crabby #2) Jonathan Fenske. 2019. Scholastic. 48 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Today is just another day at the beach.

Premise/plot: Jonathan Fenske has a new early reader series starring Crabby and his friends. The first book in the series was Hello, Crabby! The second book is Let's Play, Crabby! In this one, Plankton persists in wanting to play with Crabby. As persistent as Plankton is in their friendship, Crabby is resistant. The first chapter, "The Guess," has them playing GUESS WHO. The second, "The Game" has them playing Simon Says--I mean Crabby Says. The third, "The Other Game" has them playing Hide and Seek. The fourth, "The Other Other Game" has them playing TAG.

My thoughts: BARNACLE IS BORED is one of my favorite, favorite, favorite stories to read aloud. I just love it. I enjoyed Plankton is Pushy. I would definitely recommend this series of books. I liked both Hello, Crabby! and Let's Play, Crabby! I believe other books are soon to be published in this series. Of course, I will read them all. I would love to see Barnacle make a special appearance in the next book. He was sadly missing from Let's Play, Crabby.

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: