Monday, May 10, 2021

49. Disney All Aboard! Mickey's Railway


Board Book: Disney All Aboard! Mickey's Railway. Nichole Mara. Illustrated by Andrew Kolb. 2021. [March] 8 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Hiya pal! It's me, Mickey Mouse. My friends and I are hopping aboard the railroad for a trip to the countryside. Full steam ahead!

Premise/plot: Disney All Aboard is an activity book for preschoolers. The pages aren't as thick as a traditional board book for the very young (the age/stage where everything is chewed on). The pages unfold/fold. There are peep-holes and flaps. It is very much designed to be interactive. The text asks questions for little ones to answer. Questions like "How many red foods are on the table?"

The book can be a bit unwieldy (a lot unwieldy) so it's best read perhaps sitting on the floor with your little one. I think the traditional lap would be a bit too much. Once the book is unfolded it's a LOT.

My thoughts: I enjoyed the pictures and the simple text. I don't have little ones in this age group anymore. But I do love a little Disney now and then.

If your little one loves Disney AND loves trains AND loves more interactive seek and find books, then this one may be worth exploring.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: