Thursday, April 5, 2018

The Case of the Climbing Cat

The Case of the Climbing Cat. (The High-Rise Private Eyes #2). Cynthia Rylant. Illustrated by G. Brian Karas. 2000. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Bunny liked her balcony. She tried to get Jack to sit on it. "No, thanks," he always said.

Premise/plot: Bunny and Jack are the detective team in Cynthia Rylant's early chapter book mystery series. The book opens with the two eating Chinese take-out. A neighbor screams out THIEF. Her binoculars have been stolen. Can Bunny and Jack follow the clues and find the thief?

My thoughts: I enjoy the series. But this series is not as enjoyable--as delightful--of some of the other series by Cynthia Rylant. I prefer Poppleton and Mr. Putter and Tabby! But I am so glad I'm taking the time to read all of her books! I really enjoy the dialogue in all of her books.

If the book was truly a mystery, then the title would not give away who did it. Granted, the series is aimed at young readers and should be easy and obvious to solve. But still.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: