Thursday, April 12, 2018

Kat Writes a Song

Kat Writes a Song. Greg Foley. 2018. Simon & Schuster. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence:  It was a gray and rainy day. Kat was stuck indoors. She was sad because there was no one to play with. "If I write a song, maybe it will make me feel better," Kat said.

Premise/plot: Kat, the ADORABLE heroine of Greg Foley's picture book, sets out to write a song one rainy day. The name of the song she writes is the "Amazing Song to Make Things Better." A song, once written, is meant to be SHARED. And share her music she does! Will the song make things better?!

My thoughts: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one. It is adorable, sweet, and fun. I would say it had me at the end covers--which you should definitely take notice of, by the way--but in all honesty, it was the cover that got me. I didn't even have to open the book to know that it was LOVE--that I was in for quite a treat. The book did not disappoint.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: