Monday, April 2, 2018

Board book: Count My Cupcakes 1 2 3

Board Book: Count My Cupcakes 1 2 3. Joyce Wan. 2018. Scholastic. 14 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: 5 Five yummy cupcakes shimmy across the floor. In slides a milk shake. Oops! Now there are... 4 Four yummy cupcakes giggle with glee. Along rolls a donut. Uh-oh! Now there are...

Premise/plot: Count my Cupcakes 123 is the newest board book by Joyce Wan. In this one, readers count back from 5 to 1 as one by one cupcakes disappear from view. It is a touch-and-feel board book. The cupcakes are a squishy delight.

My thoughts: Joyce Wan wrote my all-time favorite, favorite, favorite board book YOU ARE MY CUPCAKE. This one would pair well with the other board book. And it's probably the first board book she's written since You Are My Cupcake that I really enjoyed. The illustrations are sweet and adorable.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: