Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Like Fruit


I Like Fruit. Lorena Siminovich. 2010. July 2010. Candlewick. 10 pages.

I enjoyed Lorena Siminovich's I Like Bugs. But I loved, loved, loved her I Like Fruit. Like I Like Bugs, this one is a touch-and-feel book. It offers readers a variety of textures. And it's very bright, very colorful. This book introduces colors to young ones by using fruit. For the color red, we have a strawberry, a raspberry, and cherries.


Green brings us an apple, a kiwi, and some grapes.

My favorite texture would have to be the pear or the orange.

I loved the design of this one. I do. I love the textures. The colors. The arrangement of all the different elements. It's a beautiful book. There is just something so pleasing, so appealing about it. It just works really, really well.

Definitely recommended!

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: