Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What Am I?


What Am I? Salina Yoon. 2010. Scholastic. 12 pages.

Four black tires
on the go,
through the traffic
fast and slow.
What am I?


Rotor spinning
Way up high.
Engine running
In the sky.
What am I?

I really, really enjoyed this clever riddle board book. It is part of Little Scholastic's board book series. This one and its companion, Who Am I?, are for toddlers aged 1 to 3. What did I love most about this one? I loved the concept. I loved the riddles. The ones in this book are all about modes of transportation: trains, boats, motorcycles, cars, airplanes, helicopters. I loved the format of this one--the pullout pages that "reveal" the answer. The art revealed is very bright, very bold, very fun. And the answer also appears in print on the black card.

It's just a fun, fun book.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: