Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same


Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same. Grace Lin. 2010. July 2010. Little, Brown. 43 pages.

Ling and Ting are twins. They have the same brown eyes. They have the same pink cheeks. They have the same happy smiles. People see them and they say, "You two are exactly the same!"
"We are not exactly the same," Ling says.
Ting laughs because she is thinking exactly the same thing!

I really enjoyed Grace Lin's Not Exactly the Same. I thought it was a great early chapter book for young readers. The book is divided into six chapters. The stories are about simple things, ordinary things. But that doesn't mean they are boring! I enjoyed the simplicity of it. How it captured life. I think my favorite story was "Making Dumplings."

See also Grace Lin's Year of the Dog and Year of the Rat.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: