Thursday, June 22, 2023

137. The Ice Cream Vanishes


The Ice Cream Vanishes. Julia Sarcone-Roach. 2023. [June] 40 pages. [Source: Library] [Picture book]

First sentence: Keep your eye on the acorn. I'm Squirrel. I'm a natural at making snacks disappear. Exceptional at eating them. Brilliant at hiding them. And as soon as I figure out the right magic words, I'll be the Amazing Squirrel, Vanisher of Snacks--BY MAGIC! Just need to sniff out the right snack and the right magic words.

Premise/plot: Squirrel, the "star" of this picture book, loves magic and wants to be a magician. He wants to make ICE CREAM disappear. He enlists Bear as his "assistant." Can Bear and Squirrel make ICE CREAM vanish?

My thoughts: This one was fun/funny. I enjoyed the illustrations. Squirrel doesn't quite catch on as to why Bear is so wonderful at making ice cream disappear. But that's part of the charm, in my opinion. I would recommend this one in print book. I checked it out as an e-book.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: