Thursday, June 15, 2023

134. Destiny Finds Her Way


Destiny Finds Her Way: How a Rescued Baby Sloth Learned to Be Wild. Margarita Engle. 2023. [February] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: This is the true story of Destiny, a brave little sloth who did not let an injured eye keep her from learning how to be free in the rainforest.

Premise/plot: NONFICTION PICTURE BOOK. Narrative nonfiction. Destiny is a rescued baby sloth who was able to be returned to the wild. That's the quick story. What you see is exactly what you get with this one. 

My thoughts: I loved this one. I loved THE PHOTOS. I loved the story. It was just a treat to read this one. It was so heartwarming. Yes, I know that gets overused. But how could your heart not melt when reading this story? When seeing these adorable pictures? It's a feel-good read.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: