Thursday, June 8, 2023

128. Have A Slice Day


The Great Mathemachicken #2 Have A Slice Day. Nancy Krulik. 2023. [April] 96 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: "Eggs-cuse me, please," Chirpy said. The little chick was hungry. But she could not reach the feeder. Clucky was blocking Chirpy's path. Clucky was blocking everyone's path.

Premise/plot: Clucky is a Greedy Gus. (I jest). Seriously though, Chirpy and the other chicks are having a BIG problem with one not-so-little chicken named Clucky. Can Chirpy (and a new friend, a duck) find a solution at school??? Perhaps! The school children are learning all about fractions and Chirpy has an idea that maybe just maybe she can apply her new knowledge to the coop.

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. Both books in this series are fun. I do enjoy books about chickens. I don't love, love, love math (or science), but put it into a fun, illustrated story, and I'll give it a chance. I would recommend this one to elementary readers.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: