Monday, June 19, 2023

136. Gnome and Rat


Gnome and Rat. Lauren Stohler. 2023. [June] 80 pages. [Source: Library] [Early chapter book, graphic novel]

First sentence: Cheep-a! Cheep-a! No more sleep-a! gasp! Oh my goodness! EEEEE! It's today! Hat Day!

Premise/plot: Gnome and Rat star in a new early chapter book series. There are five chapters in this early graphic novel for young readers: "Hat Day," "Gnome Fits In a Hat," "Gnome Grows His Hair," "Gnome's New Hat," and "Back Hat It Again."  In all the stories, Gnome loves, loves, loves his hat. But things aren't always well with his hat. He must go a chapter--or two--without his beloved hat.

My thoughts: I absolutely love this one. It is so adorable and delightful. Gnome is just pure delight as a character. I love everything about him! Rat I have less a feel for as a character. But Gnome, well, I was hooked from early pages. I enjoyed all the chapters/stories. I thought there was good flow between the stories. 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: