Saturday, April 22, 2023

95. Ode to a Bad Day


Ode to a Bad Day. Chelsea Lin Wallace. Illustrated by Hyewon Yum.  2023. [April] 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Oh Bad Morning,
eyes are crusty, bones are rusty.
Why do all my teeth feel dusty?
All I see is gray ahead.
Can't I stay inside my bed?
Oh you Bad Morning. 

This picture book is written in rhyming verse. This little girl is having a BAD DAY. From morning to evening, this littler girl is experiencing it all. (Including a verse to Missed Pudding.)

My thoughts: This was a FANTASTIC picture book memorializing a truly terrible day. Super relatable, good for all ages. I loved this one so much. The illustrations are so expressive. The art definitely complements the text well. If you like a little drama, this one is a great find.

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: