Sunday, April 2, 2023

80. Orange Excavator


Board book: Orange Excavator. Kersten Hamilton. Illustrated by Valeria Petrone. 2022. 28 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It's cleanup day in Tumberton. There's lots of hard work to be done. "Call in Orange Excavator!" Boom swings, bucket bites, gobbling all the trash in sight.

Premise/plot: Spend the day with Orange Excavator (and his human operator) doing multiple tasks in the city. 

My thoughts: I wanted to like this one more than I actually did. Orange Excavator has a face--clearly--and a human operator. The book's narrator solely addresses Orange Excavator--as a person--and not the human operator. That was a little odd, for me. Do I think little ones--toddlers, the target audience--will be equally bothered by that??? Probably not. (Some may. But probably not).

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: