Thursday, April 6, 2023

83. Zoobilations!


Zoobilations! Animal Poems and Paintings by Douglas Florian. 2022. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: The Weasels
We weasels wear brown summer coats.
We weasels are at times called "stoats."
In winter we wear coats of white
with which we weasel out of sight.

Premise/plot: Douglas Florian's newest poetry book is a themed collection--animal poems. The poems are short--delightfully so. Many feature word play, a pun, a joke. (For example, his poem "Sea Gull" plays with the concept of being gullible.) Each poem features a [painted] illustration.

My thoughts: I really LOVED this one. I am partial to Douglas Florian's work to be completely honest. I've never been disappointed by his work. I would recommend this one.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: