Wednesday, August 24, 2022

133. Charlie and Mouse Outdoors


Charlie and Mouse Outdoors. (Charlie and Mouse #4) Laurel Snyder. 2020. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Charlie was in the car. Mouse was in the car. Charlie and Mouse were in the car. "This is boring," said Charlie. "Why don't you make up a story," said Dad. "Stories aren't boring." 

Premise/plot: The family is out for an outdoors adventure. There are four interconnected stories: "Boring" (about the car trip there), "The Hike" (about an adventure/misadventure they have in the "great outdoors), "Kittens" (an adorable story about how they un-scare themselves from their previous hike), "The fire" (about a family celebration WITH s'mores). 

My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, crazy love these characters. This is their fourth book of adventures. I love Charlie. I love Mouse. I love them both together. These two make my day. This one is about their camping adventures with the family. Highly recommend the whole series.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: