Friday, August 19, 2022

130. School's In Crabby


School's In Crabby. Jonathan Fenske. 2022. [June] 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Today is just another day at the beach.

Premise/plot: Plankton is super-super-super excited to play school. Crabby, however, is NOT. But reluctantly, these two play school. Plankton plays teacher first while Crabby is the only student. Later, the two switch places. Crabby playing teacher while Plankton takes his turn as student. Crabby gets the best lines (in my opinion).

My thoughts: I love Jonathan Fenske. This book is part of a series of early readers. Some of these characters also appeared in Fenske's picture books. The picture books--I won't lie--are some of my FAVORITE, FAVORITE, FAVORITE books to read aloud.

I liked this addition to the series. Crabby remains a favorite!

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: