Wednesday, August 17, 2022

129. Doggie


Doggie. Nancy Armo. 2022. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I want a dog. Big or small. Ugly or cute. I LOVE dogs! A dog would be my best friend. We'd do everything together.

Premise/plot: A little boy dreams of having a DOG. But when his mom says NO, well, all seems lost...until a stray cat meows her way into the house. The little boy and the kitty (named DOGGIE) are skeptical of one another. He wants a dog. She wants to be a CAT (not a dog). But slowly and surely these two begin to warm up to one another until they are the best of friends.

My thoughts: I thought this one was good, sweet, fun. It was predictable in the best of ways. I love, love, love, love cats. So I do always try out all the cat books I find at the library. This one was good. I thought the illustrations were expressive. 


 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: