Thursday, December 9, 2021

176. Pepper and Boo: Puddle Trouble


Pepper & Boo: Puddle Trouble. Charise Mericle Harper. 2021. [October 19] 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Twelve paws like to play outside. Four paws belong to Pepper. Four paws belong to Boo. Four paws belong to the Cat. The Cat has a message.

Premise/plot: This second book in the Pepper & Boo series focuses on a rainy day. The two dogs, Pepper and Boo, STILL want to play outside--despite the rain. The Cat, on the other hand, would rather stay inside the house to play. The rain isn't her idea of fun. Meanwhile, the two dogs have an argument of sorts about what kind of 'coat' is best for playing in the rain. 

My thoughts: I liked this one. I didn't love it as much as the first book. Don't get me wrong, I still love the characters. I do. But the story--at least for me as an adult--was less entertaining. Perhaps because the first book had to do with NAPPING and the second book has to deal with PLAYING in the rain and playing in puddles...but I would still easily recommend the series as a whole.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: