Thursday, December 9, 2021

175. Pepper & Boo: A Cat Surprise


Pepper & Boo: A Cat Surprise. Charise Mericle Harper. 2020. [September] 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Twelve paws are in this house. Four paws belong to Pepper. Four paws belong to Boo. Four paws belong to the Cat. The cat has something to say.

Premise/plot: This beginning reader/early reader focuses on three friends--Pepper, Boo, and Cat. Cat not only has something to say, she has a LOT to say. Readers get to see what THE GOOD LIFE looks like--if you're a cat. And the good life, well, the good life definitely has napping in it. A lot of naps! But what happens when Cat decides to nap in Boo's bed?!?!?!

My thoughts: I really LOVED this one. It was such a great read. I loved all three characters. I loved the relationships. I loved the story. It had plenty of humor. I would have loved, loved, loved this one as a kid. (Hint: I still love it now as an adult.)

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: