Tuesday, November 10, 2020

110. Noisy Nora


Noisy Nora. Rosemary Wells. 1973. 32 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Jack had dinner early; Father played with Kate; Jack needed burping; So Nora had to wait. First she banged the window, then she slammed the door, then she dropped her sister's marbles on the kitchen floor.

Premise/plot: Nora is "the middle mouse" and she is feeling FRUSTRATED and OUT OF SORTS. Would anyone even miss her if she ran away?

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I did. There's something unforgettable about it--namely the last line, "'But I'm back again!' said Nora with a monumental crash." Max and Ruby are probably still my favorite characters created by Rosemary Wells. But I do love Nora. 

It does have the word 'dumb' so if you are in a 'dumb-free' household, you might want to know ahead of time before reading it aloud so you know to switch the word. 

© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: