Wednesday, November 4, 2020

109. Go To Bed, Monster!


Go to Bed, Monster! Natasha Wing. Illustrated by Sylvie Wickstrom. 2007. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: One night, Lucy tossed and turned. She could not, would not, did not want to go to bed. "I want to draw," she said.

Premise/plot: Lucy does NOT want to go to bed. She draws what turns out to be a monster instead. The two have MANY adventures. But when she's ready to go bed--finally--he doesn't want to go to bed. Can a sleepy Lucy convince not sleepy Monster to go to bed? What will it take to get them both sound asleep?

My thoughts: I loved this one. I first read it years ago. I even interviewed the author! It was a cute, funny, charming, delightful book. I never tire of a good bedtime book. I do recommend this one. I wish there was a board book edition of it available!

 Text: 5 out of 5

Illustrations: 5 out of 5

Total: 10 out of 10

 

© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: