Thursday, November 19, 2020

116. Snail and Worm


Snail and Worm: Three Stories About Two Friends. Tina Kugler. 2016. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Hello! Want to play? Let's play! TAG! You are it! Can you catch me? No! No! No!

Premise/plot: This early reader features three stories starring Snail and Worm. "Meet My Friend," the first story has Snail and Worm meeting each other and becoming playmates and friends. "Snail's Adventure," has snail and worm "climbing" a flower and "seeing" the world from a new perspective. "Meet My Pet," the third story, the two are discussing Worm's missing pet. This story is dependent on the illustrations--that's where the humor comes in!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one! I did. I don't necessarily love the way these two look--the illustrations aren't quite my thing. But the text, the text, works well--really well. By the end of the book, I was delighted with this relationship.

 

© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: