Monday, August 3, 2020

82. Magician in the Trunk

Magician in the Trunk (Time Spies #4) Candice Ransom. 2007. 128 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: "I know you something you don't know," Mattie Chapman said.

Premise/plot: Alex, Mattie, and Sophie Chapman are siblings with a secret: they are time travelers! They discovered a magical spyglass when they moved into their new house. (A house turned bed-and-breakfast. A house that is centuries old.) In this their fourth adventure, the three go time traveling to the Chicago World's Fair of 1893. The siblings meet a very young Harry Houdini and see his magic act. He hasn't made it big yet--or even made it little. Can these three find a way to encourage Houdini when he needs it?

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. I think Winchester sat this one out completely!!! But then again he'd caused enough trouble in book three! I like spending time with the three main characters. I like that the books tend to alternate focus on the siblings. The setting of the world's fair was fun!


© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: