Friday, April 12, 2019

Super Rawr

Super Rawr! Todd H. Doodler. 2016. Scholastic. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: It is career day in my classroom, and it is my turn to speak. I am wearing my superhero cape and belt.

Premise/plot: A dinosaur spends the day as Super Rawr, but is thankful to just be a dinosaur as well at the end of the day.

My thoughts: If your little preschooler loves, loves, loves dinosaurs, then Super Rawr! might become a favorite after you've shared it. It is a silly book; its silliness is its strength. Super Rawr can jump over tall buildings--the tall buildings are made of blocks. Super Rawr is great at hiding--if by "hiding" you mean hiding in plain sight behind a house plant.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: