Thursday, April 4, 2019

Board book: I Love Science

I Love Science. Allison Wortche. Illustrated by Steve Mack. 2019. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 14 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Scientists are curious. Do you wonder...How do volcanoes erupt? What makes a rainbow glow in the sky? What was the BIGGEST dinosaur? Scientists try to figure out how the world works. How does a caterpillar become a buttefly? Why do green leaves turn red, orange, gold?

Premise/plot: This board book is a lovely little introduction to science. It features pages that fold out, flaps that lift, and wheels that turn.

My thoughts: I enjoyed I Love Space. I did. I thought it was fun--clever. But I really LOVED I Love Science. I thought the text was great and the illustrations were bold.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: