Thursday, December 14, 2017

Deck the Halls

Deck the Halls. Illustrated by Veronica Vasylenko. 2011. 18 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la. Tis the season to be jolly,  Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la.

Premise/plot: This picture book consists of the lyrics of the holiday song "Deck the Halls."

My thoughts: Why would I buy this picture book? I love, love, love the illustrations. The mice are just so cute and adorable and innocent looking. In real life, I don't like mice. But in children's literature, well, I have mouse-ish tendencies. I tend to like animal fantasies in general--unless they are sad, sad, super-sad.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: