Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love That Kitty


Love That Kitty: The Story of a Boy Who Wanted to Be A Cat. Jeff Jarka. 2010. Henry Holt. 32 pages.

Peter was an ordinary boy, almost.
Then, one day, Peter decided to become a cat.
Not everyone thought this was a good idea.
But Peter was happy.


I loved Love That Puppy. I just loved it. It was cute. It was playful. It was fun. The text, the illustrations, they just told a great story. I was so happy to see that there was a companion book being published this year, Love That Kitty! This time Peter has decided to be a cat. He's taken up scratching furniture, playing with yarn, purring, and being invisible (when he's not seeking attention). His parents are as patient as they can be...in that situation. But. They are relieved when Peter tires of his new game. Until....

Well, Peter will be Peter. He's a great character. And I like him. I hope you do too!

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: