Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Pigeon Wants A Puppy!


The Pigeon Wants A Puppy. Mo Willems. 2008. Hyperion. 40 pages.

Oh, hello.
How are you?
I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
By the way, do you know what I want?
What I've wanted forever...?
At least since last Tuesday...?


Of the three Pigeon books I've read, The Pigeon Wants A Puppy! is my favorite. In this Pigeon adventure, Pigeon really, really,really wants a puppy. He NEEDS a puppy. He just has to have a puppy. Will this Pigeon get the puppy? Or does Mo Willems have a surprise in store for his readers?!

I enjoyed this one the most. I thought it was cute and funny. I really like Pigeon's personality! While I didn't love this series at first sight, I'm really starting to appreciate it. I'll definitely keep looking for the other books in the series.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: