Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!


Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Mo Willems. 2003. Hyperion. 40 pages.

Hi! I'm the bus driver. Listen, I've got to leave for a little while, so can you watch things for me until I get back? Thanks. Oh, and remember: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!

Pigeon is the star of this one. Pigeon is one stubborn bird. Opinionated too. He is willing to beg, plead, whine, and more....all in one valiant attempt to do something he has no business doing. Will his reasoning make you and your little one giggle? Maybe!

I thought this one was fun. I liked it well enough. But I don't love it the same way as I love Mo Willems' other books--especially his Knuffle Bunny ones and the Elephant and Piggie ones.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: