Monday, April 19, 2010

Max Spaniel: Funny Lunch


Max Spaniel: Funny Lunch. David Catrow. 2010. May 2010. Scholastic. 40 pages.

My name is Max.
I am not a dog.
I am a great chef.


Max is back in his second adventure. If you haven't read Max Spaniel: Dinosaur Hunt yet, you should! It's one of my favorite books (for this age group) that I read last year! It was so funny. It just felt so right.

Is Funny Lunch funny?! Yes! I enjoyed this one. I really did. Readers (of all ages) have to pay attention to the illustrations to "get" everything this one has to offer. I personally like it when the illustrations take the story a bit further than the text. I love discovering all the small details in the illustrations. My favorite spread shows Max growling. The text reads, "A tummy growls. I growl back."

I definitely recommend both of these books.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: