Saturday, May 15, 2010

Please Take Me For A Walk


Please Take Me For a Walk. Susan Gal. 2010. May 2010. Random House. 40 pages.

I thought this one was adorable. I did. If you are a dog lover, I think you may enjoy this one too! It's playful. It's cute. It's charming. It's got character.

Here's how it starts,
Please take me for a walk.
I need to chase away the neighbors' cat,
send the birds back to their nests,
and keep the squirrels high up in the trees.
Please take me for a walk.
Through the book, this oh-so-adorable dog is pleading, begging for a nice walk. Giving readers reason after reason after reason why this walk would be oh-so-wonderful.

The ending is oh-so-right too!

Both illustrations and text are too cute to be missed...if you love dogs!


© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Playing by the book said...

I'm more of a cat person myself but the frontcover illustration looks lovely!